Three of the best foods in the universe! Avocados, bacon and eggs. I realize there many people out there that may beg to differ and I understand. But for those of you that start salivating at these words, this recipe is for you.
Several years ago when I was prepping for bodybuilding contests, eggs and avocado salad were a staple of mine. Protein and wonderful was perfect in the afternoon to curb the cravings and help get me through to dinner. Once competition was over for me, I added bacon and tomato. Viola, a masterpeice is made.
Grab ingredients today on the way home and enjoy.
6 hard boiled eggs
3/4 cup cut grape tomatoes
4 fully cooked, crispy bacon
1/2 cu scallion cut up
2 tspn garlic
sea salt and pepper to taste
lettuce leaves for wraps or fresh spinach
- Make your hard-boiled eggs. Once done, peel, place in refrigerator and let cool.
- While they are cooking, make bacon using your desired method and cook until crispy.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, avocado, garlic and salt; smash with a fork until combined.
- Add in bacon pieces, tomatoes and scallions. Mix well.
- Taste and add additional salt and ground garlic as desired.
- Serve over fresh spinach or lettuce or in lettuce wraps!