Eating plenty of fresh vegetables is an excellent, healthy choice. The fiber, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants contained within will do wonders for your energy levels and overall health.
Here’s a simple recipe for roasting vegetables that’s a wonderful side dish for dinner. Use whatever vegetables you have on hand, or seek out the full spectrum of colors for a natural vitamin boost.
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
Here’s what you need
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into ½ inch strips
- 2 orange beets, peeled and cubed
- 16 Pattypan squashes
- 6 mini green zucchini
- 1 purple onion, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and lightly grease a rimmed baking sheet with olive oil.
- Arrange the veggies on the prepared pan in the order of the rainbow: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue/Purple. Drizzle the olive oil over the veggies and sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 20 minutes until browned and tender.
One serving equals: 130 calories, 5g fat, 20g carbohydrate, 13g sugar, 189mg sodium, 6g fiber, and 5g protein.