Here’s a slice of cake that won’t mess with your brain chemistry. The wholesome and lightly sweet flavor will satisfy your sweet tooth and power your day with real energy. Servings: 20
Here’s what you need:
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup coconut crystals
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 organic apples, thinly sliced and chopped
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 5 organic eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup, grade B
- 1/4 cup organic, full fat coconut milk
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease an 8×8 pan with coconut oil.
- Caramel Topping: In a small bowl combine the melted coconut oil, coconut crystals and cinnamon. Pour into the prepared pan. Evenly sprinkle the chopped apples over the caramel.
- In a medium bowl combine the coconut flour, almond flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In another medium bowl combine the eggs, vanilla, syrup, and coconut milk. Blend well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones, and then slowly mix in the melted coconut oil.
- Carefully spread the cake batter over the apples and caramel in the pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 15 minutes.
- Loosen the edges of the cake with a knife. Invert the cake by placing a plate over the top of the pan and then flipping it over.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 105 calories, 7g fat, 44mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, and 3g protein